Monday 4 March 2013

Teleworking: The myth of working from home

Yahoo has banned its staff from "remote" working. After years of many predicting working from home as the future for everybody, why is it not the norm?
When a memo from human resources dropped into the inbox of Yahoo staff banning them from working from home it prompted anger from many of its recipients.
"Some of the best decisions and insights come from hallway and cafeteria discussions, meeting new people, and impromptu team meetings," the memo said.
"Speed and quality are often sacrificed when we work from home."

1 comment:

  1. Ellen, I'm working from home now. At first I thought it was the answer to my dreams, but lately I think that people above me in the food chain can't deal with not being able to see people working and being productive. It's getting interesting.

    ReplyDelete