Friday 16 August 2013

Back to School: Off to Oxford with a MacBook Air

In late July, I had the great privilege of attending a special course about the history of British scientists at Christ Church in Oxford, U.K.
Going to Oxford to study has always been on my bucket list, so when this opportunity came up, I jumped at it. As one who has chronicled the PC industry from its birth and tracked the tech market since 1977, I was pretty much on top of the modern day scientists and inventors that drove our current tech revolution. However, when I was in college, my history and engineering classes paid only lip service to the pioneers in physics, computing and natural philosophy who did a lot of the research and experiments in these fields from 1720 through the early 1920s or thereabout, which laid much of the groundwork for a lot of the technology we have today.


No comments:

Post a Comment