Saturday 8 October 2011

Tom Stevenson: Finding the next Apple may well be impossible for investors

Maybe it's pushing it to call it a JFK moment. But the airline flying me back from a trip to the Middle East on Thursday considered the death of Steve Jobs significant enough to flash it up on the seat-back screen I was watching.

I guess I'm likely to remember that I was directly above Baghdad when I learnt that the founder of Apple had died.
It was appropriate that I should hear about Jobs's untimely death on a commercial flight because the remarkable success of Apple is a counterpoint to the idea that world-changing inventions can often make poor investments

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/tom-stevenson/8814608/Tom-Stevenson-Finding-the-next-Apple-may-well-be-impossible-for-investors.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment